Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992)

Oh freakin' hell... I'm pretty sure I saw this at a movie theater when it came out. I wonder if I was as disappointed as I am now?
  
Our story starts immediately after the first movie ends, with the kids from Gatlin being bused out of town to find loving homes with kindly families in neighboring counties. As usual, there's one older lady who issues a warning that the kids are not okay and should not be taken into anyones homes. But she's old and on a bicycle so no one cares what she says.

As usual in horror movies, you should take heed of warnings from strangers and old people, especially when the town labels them as silly and superstitious.  Because if you don't, you're going to end up with some damn kid trying to cut your face off in the middle of the night.

And why do killers always do the James Bond villain thing and leave the victim to his own demise, as if they are too busy to see the fruition of their plans come to be? "Oh yes. I'm just going to leave you sitting here in this field so the thresher will kill you.  No need to stay and watch you suffer.  I'm sure there's no way you can escape. I'll leave you to your certain death."


Children-of-the-Corn-vision
Children of the Corn 2: Electric Boogaloo
Thank god t-shirts with shoulder pads never caught on

No comments: