Monday, March 4, 2013

It's My Party and I'll Die if I Want To (2007)

For Sara's 18th birthday, her friends decide to throw her a surprise party in Burkitt Manor.  The Manor has been abandoned for years, ever since it was the site of some grisly murders.

As the gang is setting up, they awaken a demon/ghost/whatever that starts killing, which doesn't bode well for the party that night.  Tom Savini appears briefly as an electrician.

This movie has one of the most puzzling lines of dialogue said between two guys, "Hey ass bag... I'm going to fuck start your face."  What does that even mean?!

Watch for the wig heavy enough to turn on a boombox. Ridiculous!

There are comic book transitions between scenes and they play the disco version of Beethoven's Fifth. Everyone used to roller skate to that song in the 70s.  But overall I was horrified when I popped this in because I realized I'd seen it before, and it didn't improve upon a second look.

No comments: