Friday, December 7, 2012

Condor (1986)

Think Knight Rider with an android instead of a car and you've got Condor, the pilot for a TV show that didn't sell. Condor is an organization which fights evil masterminds, and Chris Proctor and his new partner Lisa, an android, are on the case.

This movie was futuristic for it's time, but the plot can best be summarized by the following dialogue:
  • I just lost the best partner I ever had.
  • What? I don't need a new partner, especially a woman.
  • I'm not going to babysit a rookie.
  • Pay attention. You might learn something.
  • Yeah, thanks for saving my life (said begrudgingly)
  • That was a good shot, but I still don't need a partner
  • You're a pain in my ass.
Even though the plot and dialogue was a total cliche from beginning to end, if you enjoy 80s style TV shows, you'll like this.

The only thing that would have made this better would be if it had included the lines, "This is not your personal war!" and "Don't you die on me!"

No comments: