Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Collinsville Too: Axes of Evil (2004)

aka Collinsville 2

The movie picks up right where Collinsville ended, but with different actors who can't really act (not that the first ones were great).  Kane Barker is obviously played by a different actor as his voice is not the same and he's wearing a sack over his head.  I'm not joking.  He wasn't wearing a sack in the first one, so it makes it even more apparent that it's not the same actor.

The kids keep talking about the ax murderers, which is odd as the killings were all done with a machete.  I guess if a dead ax factory owner kills people the assumption is that he would use a weapon from his factory.

Unlike the first movie, this one is tongue in cheek (I hope).   God if it's not, then it's worse than I thought.  The police dispatch is located in the local Mom and Pop store which always has 1930s music playing.  The coroner's office is in the barber shop, and the Sheriff keeps wondering "Why is the ghost picking on me?"  There is a ridiculous phone call that provides exposition for the first movie.

This doesn't even have an entry on IMDB and I couldn't even find a dvd cover for this when I searched for it.  It's not a good movie, but it was more entertaining than the first one.

No comments: