Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (2008)

Picking up the next morning after Feast left off, a biker chick shows up at the bar and swears revenge after finding part of her dead sister. She and her gang take the surviving bartender hostage and ride into the neighboring town to get revenge.

The town appears deserted, but that is because the monsters have gotten there before them and are still wandering around. The group teams up with two midget wrestlers and a few other survivors and spend their time trying to figure out how to escape from the creatures.

I really liked Feast, but this sequel didn't thrill me. First, it takes place in the day light so the monsters look like what they are - guys in monster suits. Second, I didn't care about the characters. Third, the script wasn't as good and the comedy often fell flat. Fourth and lastly, the movie doesn't end. It stops abruptly and you need to see part three to find out how it ends. Again people, give me a warning that I will not get a resolution to the story.

The scene with the baby seems to polarize people. They either think it's funny or sickening. I was so shocked that I laughed. I couldn't believe it, but also I know the difference between reality and a movie. It was a great take on the average guy who tries to be the hero. But if it happened in real life, it would be awful and horrifying.

No comments: