Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer School (2006)

Charlie, an old looking teenager wearing roller blades and baggy jeans goes to summer school, falls asleep and has various nightmares involving his classmates.  He's spent the last few days watching tons of horror movies and trying to catch up on his movie reviews.  Several of his classmates look even older than he does.

I had hope for this, but I think that was more because it reminded me of the old Mark Harmon movie with the same name.  This is essentially an anthology of different horror themed experiences - monsters, vampires, Nazi's, serial killers, etc.  I had a hard time sitting through it since nothing was fleshed out. Plus since Charlie wakes up at the end of each sequence, you stop wondering what's going on and just assume he's dreaming again.


Also I kept waiting for Lance Henriksen to show up since I saw his name in the credits. It was only when the closing credits began that I realized I'd misread the last name. It was Hendrikson, damn it!!

No comments: