Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (2012)

Heather and her father are constantly moving and live under aliases. She believes they're on the run due to her father killing a home intruder in self defense, but it's really much deeper than that. Heather's mother was able to get her out of Silent Hill, but remains trapped there. And Silent Hill wants Heather back.

Heather starts having nightmares about Silent Hill. Her father tells her never to go there and rips pages out of her journal where she writes about her nightmares.

When Heather's father disappears, their home is ransacked, and a strange creature tries to kill her in the tunnels at the mall, Heather decides it's time to go to Silent Hill.  The new kid a school Vincent, who just happens want to be friends with her and has walked home with her from the mall, is all too happy to drive her there. Yeah, that doesn't seem like the best idea.

I haven't seen the other Silent Hill movies or played the video games. So I know nothing about the story line or what happened in the previous movies.  My friends assured me that I didn't need to know any back story. So that leads me to believe that I didn't need to see this one either.

And why is that guy wearing a large metal triangle that covers his whole head? That seems like a drag. Was he in the previous movies? Is there a real reason for that, other than to be different?  Does he have a triangle shaped head? All I could think was that he was going to whack that thing into the wall if he turned his head.

Let me just say that my favorite part of the movie was a Pop Tart scare.  This has got to be the only movie that uses Pop Tarts in a toaster as a scare tactic. So points for that, but unfortunately those points are taken away due to the rest of the movie and we end up null and void.

No comments: