Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hellgate: The House that Screamed 2 (2001)

When writer Marty Beck disappears, paranormal investigator Dr. Pollenfox and assistants try to find proof of paranormal activity.  The three set up their equipment and then walk around the house. Then at one point two of them get locked out the house by a ghost. There are lame deaths and you'll fast forward through most of this.  Yup, that about sums it up.

This is absolutely awful.  My mistake for renting this.  I should really check out the movies before I put them in my queue.  I thought it was a sequel to the Ron Pallilo flick, Hellgate, which although bad was slightly amusing.  But this has nothing to do with Hellgate.  It's actually a sequel to The House that Screamed.  I have a bad feeling that I've seen that movie already as the house in this one looked really familiar.

The first ten minutes of the film is all padding.  There is no dialogue and footage mostly consists of a woman with fake breasts rolling on a bed.  There are also a few scenes of a guy pretending to dig his own eyes out, some fake fire, and the credits.  I can't remember if the paranormal investigator walked around the cemetery during this time, but if not, prepare for more padding.  This film is a whole lot of nothing.

Note to the producers - demons are not scary when they're shot from below in front of a drop ceiling.  This is a Polonia Brothers film, which means shot on VHS, super low budget, using their home as a set, tons of padding, audio that sounds like it was done via the oncamera mic, bad writing and poor acting.

The best part of this film is the tv host who interviews the paranormal investigator. He is so over the top horrible.  I can't believe he's ever acted before.  His delivery was equal to extremely bad community theater.

This was so horrible I had to fast forward through much of it.  So why didn't I eject it and watch something else, you might ask?  I have no idea.  It was a bad decision.

No comments: