Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)

I thought I saw all the Friday the 13th movies in the theater, but I don't remember this one.  I can't believe I didn't see it, but it doesn't look familiar.  Perhaps I blotted it from my memory since Jason isn't really in it.  Can it really be a Friday the 13th movie when Jason inhabits other people's bodies (by slowly dribbling a large black slug into their mouths, gross!)  Serious, if Jason is represented on screen as a different character who is possessed rather than a huge behemoth in a hockey mask, it's really not Jason, is it?

Only a Voorhees can kill a Voorhees, or so the legend goes, which is what causes all this trouble and leads those left alive to end up in the Voorhees Mansion which has trap doors in the floors.  Huh?  Since when did the family have a mansion and why would they have trap doors?

In a finale that can only be described as laser show Jason, good triumphs over evil again... until next time when we get a teaser for the next Freddy vs. Jason movie.

No comments: